You might think Italian Sausage and Mushroom Risotto is a complicated dish. This recipe will prove to you that that’s just not true.
This risotto recipe uses simple ingredients that will add a lot of flavor to the dish.
Let’s get started.
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Risotto Ingredients
You can prepare this Risotto with Mushrooms and Sausage for a special family dinner. The measurements indicated is good for about four people.
- 320 g Arborio Rice
- 40 g dry Porcini mushrooms
- 150 g Sicilian sausage
- 150 g famigliola mushrooms
- Vegetable broth
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 2 or 3 tablespoons butter
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
You might also want to try: Italian Pizza Dough Recipe: Quick and Easy
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Risotto Recipe Directions
- Soften the dried porcini mushrooms in warm water for at least 15 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to a pan and sauté the chopped shallots
- Remove the sausage from the casing and add it to the shallots.
- Sauté until sausage looks half-cooked.
- Add the porcini mushrooms. (Note: Do not throw away the water.)
- Add the famigliola mushrooms and rice.
- Toast for a couple of minutes.
- Filter the mushroom water using a mesh strainer and together with the vegetable broth, gradually ladle into the mushroom, sausage, and rice mixture. You may not need all the broth, but make sure you have enough to cook the rice properly.
- Taste and season with salt once the rice is cooked but still quite al dente.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and a handful of grated parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground pepper before serving.
Preparing this Risotto with Mushrooms and Sausage Recipe requires patience. But as you can see, it’s not as complicated as you think. You may doubt the rice would really absorb the broth, but you have to have faith because it really works!
Let us know when you try this recipe!
Read Next: Where To Buy Pizza Ingredients in the Philippines